My laptop gives me no option for Safe Mode!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kyle3000, Sep 7, 2010.

1. kyle3000

kyle3000 Private E-2

Hi, I want to start my laptop in safe mode and whenever I start it and press F8, it just gives me a list of things saying 'Vista server' and whatnot and no option to start in safe mode.

My laptop was previously in Vista Home Premium. It starts fine in non-safe mode though.

Thanks.

Specs: Asus X59SL 320 GB 3 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows 7 Home Premium 2 Duo T5800 2.0 GHz ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470, External 256MB VRAM

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you need to start in Safe Mode and its not working via F8, then boot to normal mode and click Start and type msconfig in the Start Search Box and hit enter, then click Boot tab and choose Safe Mode, then Apply and reboot.

To set back to normal boot same location instructions but untick Safe Mode and reboot.

Did you clean install Windows 7 on this PC or upgrade install?
    32bit or 64bit?

Would need to write down the full list options that F8 gives you at this moment for me to have a really good guess at whats gone wrong or any potential fix.

3. kyle3000

kyle3000 Private E-2

Yay! Thank you :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds