My Laptop Only Sees Wireless Connection?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pongo, Feb 15, 2016.

1. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

for some reason all of a sudden my pc only shown the wireless signal on my pc the wardwire comp pic in the bottom try is gone and when i go to network setting it say,s unidentified network?and reason why the pc is only running on wireless connectionit says 1 or more protocals are missing on this computer.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

When something changes suddenly and unexpectedly you can often correct it with system restore. If that doesn't work check in Network and Sharing Center that the adapter isn't disabled. Also check the cable is in good condition and securely plugged in at both ends. Also check the status lights on the router, is the LAN port light green for the port you are using? Missing protocols is a slight concern - if you haven't been able to correct the problem run some malware scans.

pongo likes this.
  3. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

what adapter am i looking for?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open Device manager and post or use the snipping tool to show what is listed under Network Adapters.

pongo likes this.
  5. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

6. Earthling

Open Network and Sharing Center and click Change Adapter Settings. It's the one marked Ethernet. What does it say?

7. pongo

pongo Staff Sergeant

Capture1.PNG i rebooted my routor again today and know it shows it connected?heres the pic you want.

8. Earthling

Looks like it's fixed itself, and turned the wifi off too. Strange. Anyway let us know if problems start again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds