My monitor only works at 1280x1024!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peteblakemore, Dec 25, 2006.

1. peteblakemore

peteblakemore Private E-2

Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me - My brother's got a new monitor for christmas, it's a really nice one. It's a Formac 1900 Raven, and he's got it hooked up to his PC (not Mac) and it's great. The only problem is when we try to play battlefield 2142 on it or (ahem) lemmings! We can run Battlefield 2 OK on it, but that's it nothing else seems to work.

I think the problem comes from the screen resolution because the only available one is is 1280x1024 and you can't change it at all. This seems really weird, and the games that won't run (they just go mega pixeley and you can't make anything out really, just colourful blobs) won't allow you to set the game to run any higher than 1024x768...which is what you'd expect to run at if you were normal.

Please can you help, it's a really nice monitor and we don't want to have to send it back!! It just seems ever so strange that this problem has even occured.

Cheers everyone, I know you'll help me out as usual

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. peteblakemore

peteblakemore Private E-2

Hmm, well done you :eek: but that doesn't really help as I know all that now. What would have helped is if someone would have said this (which I found at 3am this morning, so anyone else that has the same problem could try this)...

Basically if you're having the same problem and the games resolution will not match that of the monitor then there's a little trick that you can do to make it work...You need to set the default resolution for the game in the game properties. So for Battlefield 2142 you need to do this;

Find the icon you normally use to open the application --> right button on it and select properties --> there should be a box called "target", go to the end of that line and hit space bar and type in +szx 1280 +szy 1024 so the whole thing should look like this;

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142Launcher.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

hope that helps anyone else with the same problem ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds