My monitor won't stay off when in power saving mode?

Discussion in 'Software' started by syeuk2002, Jan 19, 2010.

1. syeuk2002

syeuk2002 Private E-2

Hi,

I have been battling this problem for a while. I use XBMC media centre to play TV & movies through my pc. I'd like the monitor to turn off after an idle period. XBMC has a feature built in to turn the monitor off.

However when the monitor does go off it always comes back on a couple of seconds afterwards, flooding my bedroom with light.

I have tried writing a small batch script to turn the monitor off that i can control from my remote control. The problem still happens.

I have a laser mouse that i thought was the problem. However the issue still occurs when the usb cable for the mouse was unplugged. I have also tried turning off both of my external hard drives & all other usb devices.

The problem still occurs when XBMC is closed & I am on my desktop. I have closed all other software bar my AV & firewall.

What else could cause the pc to come out of idle mode. I'm stuck on what to try next. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks

2. syeuk2002

syeuk2002 Private E-2

I've tried all of the following to no avail...

Disabled Wake on LAN in bios & in Device manager.
    Disabled software being able to wake.
    Stopped all devices (except the keyboard) including the mouse from being able to wake the computer.

It's a very odd problem. :/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds