My music is getting quieter

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrPewty, May 17, 2003.

1. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Why are my mp3 files playing softer over time?
    On some of them I have to have my speaker volume turned to maximum. Six months ago that would have annoyed my teenagers.

2. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

What?

What?!?!:)

3. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

But seriously, folks. Could it be my speakers. Could they cause a gradual reduction in volume but not in sound quality?

I have on board sound, so I'm not sure about the drivers.

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

random... but do you have RealOne player installed?

whenever I use RealOne (usually streaming a video) if I lower the volume on the player itself, it lowers the ENTIRE system volume. this does not change when you exit the program, you have to go back to RealOne player and turn the volume back up. VERY annoying little bug they have there....

probably not it, but its worth a look.

5. Draith

Draith Private E-2

hey MrPewty,

have you tried this?

Open up your volume control panel (either through your control panels folder or from the system tray - right click on the speakers icon and select) Open up the options menu and select 'Properties' and make sure you have selected to show all the volume control faders. Try playing around with the different faders to see if any of them are too low - particularly check with the main volume control, wave volume control, and pc speaker volume control. Maybe on your system there are additional faders.

6. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

My thanks to all who answered.
    Draith had it. The wave control was set at half, and my volume returned to normal when I raised it to the top.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds