My Network Gone Crazy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DummYBeaR, Mar 11, 2005.

1. DummYBeaR

DummYBeaR Private E-2

I'm currently using WinXP SP2. This computer I'm using have ICS. I got a problem with my network. Few days back my network runs normally. I'm not sure what's went wrong today. I've tried to create the network again by using "Netwotk Setup Wizard". Everything goes smoothly. After the setup completed. The network is still not available.

This is what I got when I double click the "Microsoft Windows Network".

"Unable to browe the network.
    The network is not present or not started."

But the other computers which previously connect to the same network before it corrupted can still access to internet before and after this problem occur.

2. RickM

RickM Private First Class

Make sure your card drivers are loaded and working. Look in you device manager and see if it is installed correctly. You can un-install it there as well and restart your computer, and re-install your drivers (make sure you have the CD).

3. DummYBeaR

DummYBeaR Private E-2

All my driver is working properly.

4. RickM

RickM Private First Class

Just a question, How did you determine the drivers are installed correctly?

5. DummYBeaR

DummYBeaR Private E-2

It's a build-in network. The driver is given inside the motherboard CD which have all the driver needed to install. I did reformat before this computer but never encounter this problem before. This is the 4th time i reformat. Hope there's no 5th for the time being.

Does this problem related to any Adware or Anti-Spyware faulty? I tried before using Microsoft Anti-Spyware, which I think is a crap on their beta testing. After I installed it, my 1st run was great. Detect lots of files which I think is a spyware. Once I remove & reboot, my ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is down. I tried twice to verified the problem. Same result. After scan, remove & reboot, ICS down!!

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=60484.com

This might give some clue. Hope it helps out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds