My new i7 950 literally needs to WARM up?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AKujin, Jan 2, 2011.

1. AKujin

AKujin Private E-2

this may sound crazy, but i have found other people with the same mb/processor setup that i have having this same issue but here goes.

For christmas my gf got me the following

gigabyte ga-x58-usb3
    intel i7 950
    and a tri channel 6 gig kit corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 ddr3

On a completely cold boot, leaving off overnight, my pc will bluescreen 3 times exactly trying to boot, the bluescreens varry but memory_management is one that pops up alot as well as misc other blue screens, also one windows error, failed to load hook in driver. But on the fourth time, every time, it boots fine.

Its like my pc needs to get warmed up and energized and then it runs perfectly

my i7 950 is running at stock speed at 1.35v
    memory at 7-8-7-20 1.66v
    Windows 7 proffesional

This is really boggling me, I have run windows memory diag and it shows the mem is good, i probably should also run memtest 86+ to be more accurate though.

2. AKujin

AKujin Private E-2

memtest finds 7.9k errors, rma time

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Just one error with memtest is enough to let you know a stick or two needs replacing.

4. andybrown

andybrown Private E-2

I have a i920 with a
    GA-X58-USB3
    3 x 2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz (running at 1333MHz)

When booting from cold (as in actually left off for hours) I run memtest i get hundreds of errors almost immediately. I then turn off and on and off and on as I'm scrambling to try to find the stick that's causing it but by this time the mobo has warmed up and the errors stop.

I've concluded it's when my mobo or cpu is physically at or close to room temp. It's incredibly annoying. after a few mins the errors stop all together and memtest will run for 7+hours with no errors

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds