My new Video Card made my temps higher! please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by closet haxzor, Mar 12, 2007.

1. closet haxzor

closet haxzor Private E-2

Today I went to CompUSA and bought the ATI Radeon x1650 Pro. I upgraded from the Radeon x600. I have a BFG Tech SLI Mobo, and a Core 2 Duo E6400.

My Idle temp was like 41-42, and now it went up to 45-46!!

I have bought the best CPU Heatsink/ Fan Newegg had to offer already and I still have struggled with temp problems. I also have two 80mm front case fans, and one exhaust 80mm case fan on highest speed.

I think I can still put what looks like a 70mm case fan on the side of the case, what that help any?

PLEASE help me, thanks a lot :)

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

temps on the processor went up? what heatsink do you have? get as many fans as you can fit on the case though you shouldnt need 2 on the front. one front, one side, 1 rear + the PSU fan. just make sure you have as much air coming in as you do going out

3. closet haxzor

closet haxzor Private E-2

I have this heatsink/fan from newegg.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186134

it really helped a lot. Its a great fan. I was also told that the thermal pad that comes with Arctic Silvers products is better, or just as good as Arctic Silver 5.

I ordered a 70mm fan from Newegg it should be here in a couple days, hopefully that will solve my problem.

thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds