My Outlook Calendar won't open

Discussion in 'Software' started by thecatdidit, May 25, 2006.

1. thecatdidit

thecatdidit Private E-2

I run Windows XP Home Edition, I believe with Outlook Express. A few weeks ago my calendar became difficult to open, taking forever to load. Then one day it just would not open at all so I had to go into Microsoft Works and then open my calendar, which still loaded incredibly slow. Then it got to the point where I had to open Microsoft Works, open calendar and then only the frame and toolbar would load so I would click on file, open new, and then delete the new one that opened to show my original calendar. Then today, it won't open at all and when I tried a few minutes ago to open Works, that now won't open either! My Outlook Express email opens just fine, but I can not get my Calendar or Works to open. What do I do??? :confused:

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Outlook Express doesn't come with a calendar as far as I know, so you must mean just Outlook. I would try a repair installation! To do so, insert the CD, and follow the prompts as if you were installing for the first time, only making sure taht you are selecting the option to perform a repair installation. This is a great way to fix many problems with MS Office, with minimal impact to your configuration.

You may also want to investigate Sunbird, which is Mozilla's calendar project. It is free, and seems to do a decent job!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds