My PC is FUBAR

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mogul218, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Mogul218

Mogul218 Private E-2

I'm running Windows Vista. A few days ago, stuff just stopped working. Windows Live One Care wouldn't load, Windows Media Player, Itunes and other programs won't play files. My internet connection status icon gives me a "Connection Unknown" message with a red X even though I'm connected. My DVDRW drive has disappeared so I can't do a backup. Please help!!! Thanks in advance!

Here is my log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 8:09:37 PM, on 10/6/2007
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1904)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Moderator Edit: Please read this link before posting any HJT logs http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38752

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

This really isn't the right forum for malware removal, but in your HJT log I only see a few things that may be questionable: the O10 items and the O21 item. But those few things shouldn't be causing all the problems you're having. It also looks like some 'svchost.exe' files are missing which could be problematic also. There's also files missing from SQLServer and your USB Wireless software which explains your internet problems. Windows Media Player also seems to have a file missing. The svchost.exe files are related to qwave and seclogon which I don't recognize and may be malware; same with ehome\ehstart.dll. Move this to the malware forum or wait for more accurate info. In the meantime, you should be able to do a restore to a date before all the problems started....

3. Mogul218

Mogul218 Private E-2

The first thing I tried to do when the problems occured was a previous restore point but somehow the oldest restore point was right after the problems started happening that afternoon. It's as if everything screwed me all at the same time. I feel like it is some type of virus. How do I move the topic?

I'm trying to partition part of my hard drive to do a backup and then reinstall and that's not working either. The Vista Disk manager is kind of hard to understand. I tried to use Partition Manager but it is imcompatible with Vista AFAIK.

How would all of those files just magically disappear from all those programs in the same time frame is what I would like to know!

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you think it's a virus/malware, ask the forums moderator or webmaster to move it, or just copy-n-paste your first post and provide a link to this thread....

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds