My Pc Keeps On Crashing (not Constant)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhiteQueen, Jan 11, 2017.

1. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen Private E-2

Details for my pc:
    Motherboard: ASUS A88X-Plus (fm2+ format)
    CPU: AMD A10-6790K
    Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3
    PSU: Corsair 750 watts
    No extra sound or graphics card installed
    Harddisk: 1 SSD where os is and 2 normal

Issue is my pc here and there crashes. No blue-screen of death, no error messages, no beep sounds.
    No viruses, no trojans, no Malware issues. I regularly scan my pc and everythings clean. This is why I think its hardware and not software.

I originally had Win 7 and upgraded to Win 10. Ever since then I've had problems. For example the start button not working ( a known issue with win 10) some other issues which also are known problems with win 10 so when my pc kept on crashing I thought it was also an issues from win 10. I did a complete fresh install of Win 10 - drive was formatted then win 10 installed on 21.10 and since then my pc has crashed 8 times.
    Dates are: 26.10, 28.10, 3.11, 26.11, 7.12, 19.12, 25.12, 11.01 - as you can see it ranges from 2-23 days
    Thought a new install would fix this issue, clearly to no avail. Since upgrading from a older version to Win 10 I thought that was the problem itself. Before the OS re-install the days also varied between 2-22 days.
    It crashes mostly when I'm watching something, that's what I do mostly BUT it has crashed when I've read things on Wiki or doing things on facebook. It crashed once when I was updating Divx. Crashed when I was just listening to music or playing a game or using OpenOffice. Couple of times it's crashed when I was doing nothing - switched pc on but slept on my sofa - so apart from it booting up nothing was running. So different situations.
    After it has crashed I've opened everything that I had open beforehand - running everything just the same, every program and file open but it doesn't crash.

The Crash itself is like the power has been switched off!!!!! Screen is black the fans in the pc come slowly to a stop and then it restarts. As mentioned no Blue Screen of death, no sounds or error messages.
    From this it sounds like my PSU but I just don't have the money to buy a new psu just to find out that this isn't the problem. But then again It could be any other Hardware in my pc right?
    The only things I'm certain about are the harddrives. I've scanned those to see if they were the problem but they work fine.

Is there a program that tests the hardware to see which are an issue?
    The crashes are just annoying really if I can stop them then great. I'm also guessing that the health of my pc goes down hill with every crash and at some point my pc wont work at all :(

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. harmless

harmless Staff Sergeant

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

As Satrow says, just type in reliability monitor, and the screen will come up - I had a little problem, and on mine it showed a little red cross on the fault, and clicking the cross gave the fault in writing below the chart- well worth looking at-actually easier than event viewer to read quickly.
    Iwould also check for overheating with HardWare monitor

6. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen Private E-2

Sry for not getting back sooner about this issue. Under alot of stress. And since its not constant or everyday, i got through it. Since the 11.1 the next events were on the 2.2, 8.2 and 12.2 - Next time could be in march. But still sry for waiting so long till I replied.

So, even thou I did say the only hardware I knew definitely wasn't the issue were my harddrives - but I still did a scan of all 3 and nothing wrong there.
    Scannow also said nothing is wrong did that then and also 2 days ago and both times nothing.

In the Reliability Monitor on the days it crashed it only says under critical event Windows and under summary Windows was not properly shut down, if you douple click on it, it also says the shutdown was unexpected --- so not sure how that helps me or anyone to tell me what the issue is...

I've downloaded this memtest thingy and I do need help with the settings, since I don't know which to click and what to leave checked or unchecked.
    Step 1 is easy ;) but step 2 there are 3 options to click, do I
    - Write to UFD
    - Create from UFD
    - Zero UFD (Boot sector Only)
    Then do I leave "Post image Verification" checked?
    Step 3 is alread automatically the file selected and step 4 is starting it I guess. Not sure If there are any more steps after this?!
    Will the USB stick still be ok after this? I've read that it creates partitions like when you install a OS - I don't quite understand how to make it whole again so the stick can be used normally again.

I haven't downloaded a Hardware Monitor program yet, would this one do?
    http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486.html

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

8. David_Johnson26

David_Johnson26 Private E-2

Hello,

Couple of more fixes you may try

1) Check all drivers.Outdated and damaged drivers are also sometimes reason behind multiple system crashing.

2) Please look for sufficient voltage by power supply unit to the system.

9. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds