my pc wont wakeup...please help...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xhui, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

hi, i need help please, this problem start out of nowhere while i was watching a movie, it goes to sleep mode after every 10min or so only then im watching that movie...But the thing now is after i come back from school and press the power on my pc like always ...and the pc wont start...the screen like its in sleep mode ...just wont wake up and i think the sound of the fan change a lil(i guess) my hdd light is on and the cd-rom drive light too... (im useing my other pc to post this...sigh)

2. DaRkKn1qHt

DaRkKn1qHt Private First Class

Have you tried turning off the computer completely and starting it back up? Does the BIOS or Boot Screen appear? If these do not appear it may very well be your monitor?

3. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

i dont think so..cuz i cant even get the cd-rom drive open ...but the light is on...

4. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

anyone know of other site that got good forums can maybe can fix this problem? plesae help...btw i know its not the monither cuz i try like 3monither and still the same...its like the monither didnt even connect to the pc...just nothing happen...sigh..

5. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

You might try searching this forum click search this forum, type standby.:) oldstumpy2
    Good Luck!

6. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

ya i found your post...but the thing is im a computer noob...so is it i need to cleared cmos jumper,restarted system and lo? how do i do that?

7. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

If you have XP installed as your operating system, you might wanna try reinstalling XP..however, it sounds like you are naive re that?

Bo Bo

8. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

Ok if i understand you correctly your system go's into standby by itself while you are watching a movie on it is this correct

9. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

Also, a very good solution if you have XP on your PC...restore to a previous restore point..

10. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

yes, by it self it goes to sleep mode or stand by? same right? anyway its like a monither didnt connect to any pc but power. Now after one night of rest (which i though it can fix the problem as i leave my pc on 24/7 and let it rest like half hour or less and turn back on just so i can keep download anime and stuff :p )
    i did try restore but no luck >.<

now i turn on the pc, its hdd light always on...same goes to the cd-rom drive, cant open the cd drive either! and yeah...the screen ...its like geting nothing from the pc

11. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

ok turn your system off check your plug from the monitor to the pc make sure it is secure
    also check the power cord to the monitor turn your system on now does it work

12. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

ok after like 10time of 5sec hold power button restart i some how got the window start, but i dont know when it going back down ..sigh..(i got to sleep ...kinda late here...)

13. oldstumpy2

oldstumpy2 Private E-2

ok:Now look in control panel, power options on the power schemes tab,system standby
    change to never.That should take care of the problem.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds