My Phone Is Under Surveillance Please Help.

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Grimmer, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

A hacker has gained access to my to my phone remotely. This person changed the passwords to my Google account and Facebook. Even freakier, they have access to the camera on my phone and are able to view any texts and probably listen to my phone conversations.
    I was able to recover my accounts and change the passwords to something more secure. Thankfully I had 2 step verification enabled.
    I have now factory reset my phone and enabled full disk encryption.
    Will the encryption on my android phone be enough to stop the snooping, if not what can I do to keep this person out of my phone?

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I am not that knowledgeable on encryption but your post brings up a important topic on Security for phones. I am surprised how many people just charge a new phone and begin using it without thought to security.
    Just a few questions we all need to think about when using cell phones. What is the security Apps do you now have installed on your phone? Is your phone password protected and locked? Have you locked your Apps? Disabled all Apps you don't use? Do you have a App like AppNotifier that sends you a notification of any new software or Apps downloaded to your phone? These are just some extra steps many people skip that can add security to their phone.

3. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

Thanks for reply. Prior to being hacked, the only security I had on my phone was the anti-virus that came with my phone from service provider.
    After being hacked I did a system reset, enabled full disk encryption and set a strong password that is needed to start phone. I'm hoping this will be enough, but I'm sure if someone really wants to they can find ways around this. I don't have a lot of things on my phone though that a hacker would find interesting. My guess is that I pissed someone off. Today I kept getting prank calls from someone. I would hang up phone and they would call back a couple minutes later and on caller ID it would say it was from a different state each time. I'm thinking they will just get bored and give up.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Message them and tell them you're posting their number on Facebook.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I doubt that will deter them. They seem to be using a service to hide the origin of the calls.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I get marketing calls on my smart phone all the time. The numbers are mostly not real. I simply add the numbers to the auto reject list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds