My printer will not print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xsamarax, May 25, 2006.

1. xsamarax

xsamarax Private E-2

I have an Epson Stylus CX5400, it is a scanner/printer unit. For the longest time I have not been able to print or scan. I have finally got around to trying to fix it and I'm having no luck. Well actually I've been able to get it to scan now.

The printer SEEMS like it is printing and goes through all the motions, makes noise, paper comes out, but it is blank.

So far I have:
    Replaced the cartridges (also made sure they were in right)
    Cleaned the ink jets MULTIPLE times
    Reinstalled the software
    Troubleshooting via Epson website
    Contacted Epson via email and followed their directions which basically told me to clean the jets again
    They are telling me there is nothing else they can do

This printer is practically new! Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

2. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Also if its still in the warrenty make them pick it up and take it away to be fixed i am a printer engineer and i have loads of epsons come in every week still under warrenty that are broken.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Just going to hop in with a question ....did you install the drivers before hooking up the printer or with the printer hooked up ....?

4. xsamarax

xsamarax Private E-2

Yes, I did try to reinstall it. I wish it was still under warranty!!! I should have specified that...it is practically new b/c I rarely had a need for it. Of course until now.

5. xsamarax

xsamarax Private E-2

Hmmm...it was definitely hooked up. Does that make a difference? It did work perfectly fine. I first did some troubleshooting, cleaned the print heads, made sure they were in fine, changed the cartridges, cleaned the print heads again, removed the program/printer and reinstalled everything (this is where the scanner worked again), installed drivers per epson website, epson emailed me directions to clean print heads AGAIN yada yada yada...

Should I do something in a different order?

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Might ...alot of printers want you to install the software then hook it up...:) :)

7. BCGray

BCGray Guest

As I do not have an Epson I am afraid I can only offer you this site to try
    http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/ Wish I could offer you more sites or help.

SIDE NOTE:- After I signed into this site I personaly got a lot of spam shortly after, not sure if it was the site or just dumb luck, but enough of a concern to give a warning to search not to necessarily sign up.:confused:

8. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Sounds like you'll have to buy another printer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds