My Toshiba Satellite will not turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rage66621, Jan 19, 2011.

1. rage66621

rage66621 Private E-2

Ok here's the deal. My step son spilled a root beer onto the computer. I cleaned it all up, got as much of the soda out of the keyboard as possible and then shut it down for the night. The next day I turned it on and everything worked great. No keys were sticking and I thought I had got extremely lucky. Well the next day the keys were sticking Terribly and the computer asked me to turn on the sticky keys option so I did. This however does not work so well. I was having to hold down control alt shift just to be able to click on anything.

So this morning I decided to open up the case (never have opened a laptop case before, don't think I did anything wrong though) and try to clean up the keyboard. Well I got the keyboard cleaned up and the keys unstuck to where they were working properly again. I put the keyboard back in and closed up the case again. Well now the laptop just plain won't turn on. I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds but nothin. I get no beeps and no fans turn on or anything. With the ac adapter cord plugged in the little green indicator light comes on, but I still can't get it to turn on.

It's a Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 model running on Windows 7. The serial number is 1A418419K.

I really hope someone has some advice or ideas for me, they would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance and i'm looking forward to some responses.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sadly, you may need to send it back to Toshiba. It could be a fairly expensive repair depending on what got fried from the liquid. :(

3. rage66621

rage66621 Private E-2

It was working though for a couple days after it got spilled on. It wasn't until today that I opened up the case to clean out the keyboard, put it all back together and now it won't turn on. :(

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Not much you can try except to retrace your steps and see if you made a mistake putting it back together. Take it back to the keyboard removed level and double check yourself putting it back together.

***Without even a fan, something is definitely wrong. Do you get any response from removing all the RAM modules and trying to start it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds