N00b here!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chinto, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Chinto

Chinto Private E-2

hey all I am a total newbie to networking and I just bought a d-link dl-524 wireless router.Using a wireless high speed provider.I connected it and followed the instructions.I am sending packets but the received packets..only 4 packets then it stops..just no more receiving.Like I said I am a total n00b here.I connected the router and I see it in my control panel(xp pro) any help would be GREATLY appreciated..thanks in advance..Chinto

2. Chinto

Chinto Private E-2

this is on the pc have not even made it to step 2 yet ..going to laptop..yep total N00b ...I tried that and I still get The page cannot be displayed..Like I said ...a Newbie....Thanks

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

How are you connected to your provider?

Wireless Router by itself can not conncet Wirellesly to a Wireless provider.

:cool:

4. Chinto

Chinto Private E-2

I have line in going to router and router to pc...sorry for not being so much of a geek as I'd like to be ...thanks for the reply

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds