Nameless Dvd-rom?? :\

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snoug, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Snoug

Snoug Private E-2

:confused: I need to update firmware however i can't seem to find the manufactures name or product number anywhere on both the actual dvd rom and in windows. In Device manager all it says is Ide dvd rom 16x Manufacture: "STandard Cd rom drive"

I was under the impression that there was a way to find out the manufactures name and product number by doing something fancy?

eh if you can help would be great i dun feel like buyin another one. :confused:

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

You can get this utility pc wizard or check the utility section here and one of them should be able to tell you something.

3. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

as jamcgriff said, you can use a program like AIDA32 or EVEREST to determine the manufacturer of the drive and lots of other cool information about your computer.

4. Snoug

Snoug Private E-2

thanks guys... i love you :)

5. Snoug

Snoug Private E-2

it still does not give me the manufacture :( it says the drivers are provided by microsoft and it gives drive version but yea thats it... :(

ugh

6. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

is there any kind of label on the drive? perhaps a model numer?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds