Nano Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Has any one used this.Is it trust worthy.Or does it have bugs in it.

NANO Antivirus 1.0.44.77893
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/nano_antivirus.html

This is some thing new i have not seen.

Does it really scan for viruses or just another paper weight on your computer.

Some thing that is in the stage 1.0 mode is more like a try it and find out kinda deal.And i have never heard of this So called anti virus tool.Does it have a high or medium detection rate or is a very low.

These are questions that need to be.

I never really liked using anti virus tools unless i or some one is infected.They tend to bog the system down.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. smileycrossbones

smileycrossbones Private E-2

I've used nano av. It's very quiet, not intrusive. Like Avast used to be before the opt out ads started. It always wants to scan USB's, and it finds stuff very quickly. I like it a lot, especially because it doesn't intrude a lot. On an older laptop it had trouble updating, but up in E. WA where I live the bandwidth is terrible slow, so that was a consideration. I just loaded it recently on my present dell win7 and it went right to work just fine. Cleaned up my external HD real fast, and found a few troublesome items to remove. :)

4. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

The problem i find is that the only way it will install is to have your info.And i don't like that option.There is no way to skip the option of filling out your information section.Be for you install.

5. smileycrossbones

smileycrossbones Private E-2

All of these outfits want registration info...The simple interface is what makes nano nice for my friends who aren't very patient (and get in trouble with the little opt outs and panicky alerts). Saves me time that way... ;) I don't see them acquiring any info about me you couldn't get from the goog...but I agree, in principle, my personal info changes the sense of "free."

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds