Napster Screwing up :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoDark, May 17, 2006.

1. JoDark

JoDark Private E-2

Hey guys!

I've been having problems with my Napster client (Im a registered user through my University, so I have a login, pw, and all that jazz). I tried contacting them, and they just gave me one of those automated replies that don't even help. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out with the situation.

When I go to load up the program, it automatically signs me in which is good, then before I can do ANYTHING, it gives me THIS error:

Runtime Error!

C:\ProgramFiles\Napster\NapsterClient-US-3.6.0.7.dat

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
    information.

So I have to hit OK and it terminates Napster immediately. I've tried everything guys. I tried completely removing the program and reinstalling and it doesnt work. Im thinking maybe it has something to do with my computer? Maybe the error message can clue you guys into what's wrong with this. I tried deleting that file it's talking about and it's not doing crap. Thanks guys, hope ya can help here, as im out of options :(

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

I was a big napster fan back in the old days. :) But, not now.

On topic. When you uninstalled the program, was c:\program files\napster\napsterclient-us-3.6.0.7.dat also deleted?

3. JoDark

JoDark Private E-2

yeah that was deleted, I just downloaded Napster again and had it remove it. Or I just would remove it thru Add/Remove programs. That file was deleted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds