NAV 2004 will not load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zadig69, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

XP Home with SP2

Everytime I try to install NAV Antivirus 2004 it errors out at same part of the installation

On the screen it looks like it is trying to load

C:\config.MSI\2ef9cd2.rbf

Error message "Norton Antivirus 2004 installation has failed. Do you want to try the installation again?"

Retry does not work. I tried everything recommended on Symantec Website that I could find and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

2. Oldman

Oldman Private First Class

did you do a full uninstall of any previous version of Norton, then reboot, then start your install?

3. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

Everything I could find I uninstalled. Nothing left in Add/Remove programs.
    I searched through registry and deleted symantec keys I could find.
    I tried symantec's online virus removal tool thinking that maybe there was a virus on the system but it found nothing.
    I am at a loss....

4. RayDunne

RayDunne Corporal

You could try this first >>> http://forum.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 <<<. Alot of crap can be on your PC other than a virus which could be fighting your install. Are you installing an OEM version or do you have a retail disk of Norton?

5. Oldman

Oldman Private First Class

6. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

I am using an OEM version.

7. Zadig69

Zadig69 Private E-2

I tried everything they had listed. No viruses or spyware found.

I used their removal tool and the reg fix. Still the same message. Looks like I may have to restore the OS.

Bummer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds