Navigating the Windows Registry

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcpp66, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mcpp66

mcpp66 Private E-2

I have a basic understanding of the Windows registry as I've read tutorials and done some of my own research. However, I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of an in-depth, yet easy to follow along with, Web site that really details the Windows registry. I would really like to be able to efficiently navigate the registry when I'm in search of something. For example, I'm guessing information like product keys are stored here and would be stored under HKLM\Software in a subkey specific to the product vendor. However when I try to find at least one product key it turns out to be a more daunting task than I anticipated. I would just like for someone to point out a good Web site that would teach me more about this and topics like this. Thank you.

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds