NDIS.SYS Blue Screen Error!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Paisa90, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Paisa90

Paisa90 Private E-2

Hello everyone. I had to reformat my PC yesterday. Everything went fine for a couple of hours, but then I started getting this error at random times.

My PC is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 4GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870, running Vista Ultimate 64 Bits.

By the time I started getting this error, I had already updated Windows, installed MSN, and other minor programs, like Winamp, download manager, etc.

I have gotten this error 2 times since last night, and I'm pretty sure it's random since both times it happened after using the computer for 2 hours or more. I was surfing the internet and listening to music every time the blue screen came up, so I dont know what's causing it.

I read it has something to do with my network card? In that case, it's integrated in my motherboard. What can I do? Why does this happen? Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

If your PC is one from the likes of DELL, HP, Sony, etc what is the Make and model varient as this will assist us if we need drivers?

If your PC is a home or custom build what is the motherboard make and version?

To find this info you can use the likes of Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

Install Everest and run
    Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

Its likely you may need to install your chipset driver, but do check to see if you have any yellow ! marks in Device Manager.

But also tell us the exact BSOD message as its an indicator as to what the cause can be.

3. Paisa90

Paisa90 Private E-2

Hello. I built the PC myself. The motherboard is a Gigabyte P35 DS3L.

I downloaded the latest LAN drivers from Gigabyte's webpage and so far I've been using the computer for 5 hours without problems. Any chance it was fixed with that driver update or am I just being lucky? Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes its very likely but if you have not installed the chipset driver yet, please do so as its aids stability as well as adds support for many of the onboard components, do check Device Manager for any missing.

Fingers X'd that the update for LAN did the trick :)

5. Paisa90

Paisa90 Private E-2

Well I havent gotten the error again since the driver update. So I guess it's fixed. Thanks for your help :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds