Need a decent laptop repair place in London

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigShot, Mar 2, 2010.

1. BigShot

BigShot Private First Class

Hi folks, I wasn't sure what section this should go in so thought the Lounge the best place for it - I'm sure a mod will move it if it should be elsewhere (and if so - I'm sorry for giving you extra work to do).

Right - my sister, who lives in Dat London had a mishap which has resulted in a broken screen on her Samsung NP-N110 laptop (netbook? I dunno - anyway)... but then, sitting on it will do that.

Being the go-to computer guy in the family I've been asked to find out about getting it fixed but being in Manchester (wrong end of the country for any non-Brits who might be reading this - for whatever reason), I really don't know what's what around there.

Can anyone suggest a decent repair place where she can take it to get a new screen (I assume it'll need a new one rather than a repair) fitted?
    Somewhere that offers a same day or while-u-wait type service would be handy... provided the extra cost of that isn't too extortionate.

Of course, there's always the possibility that the screen is fine and that the damage is elsewhere, so a repair place that actually investigates the problem before "fixing" it would be good - I'd hope all were like that but you never know.

Looking forwards to your replies.

Cheers folks.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I don't know of any people who post in here that live in London let alone someone who knows a reputable repair shop.

If it is the screen they will have to order it in from the manufacturer so I doubt they'll repair while you wait.

I think its a case of sticking your finger in the yellow pages and seeing what comes up,you could ask for a diagnostic first and just pay for that then phone around for a quote on the work from different places.

Good luck anyway.

3. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

I suggest you get her to send it up to you, it cant get much more damage. And take it to MicroDirect on the A6 near stockport, (more details on website) and they will give you advice and even fix it, believe it or not, they have a special section for laptop screen repairs, i think its around £70, not too sure.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds