Need a driver for my Netgear modem

Discussion in 'Software' started by avz10, Dec 12, 2011.

1. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

I have bought this modem a few years ago-NETGEAR Wireless-N ADSL2 Router DGN 2000.
    I have a wireless/wired system at home. All the laptops have still got internet access, but I installed Windows 7 64 bit today on my desktop, which is wired. It needs the driver and the CD is gone.
    I have tried on their site to find a suitable driver, but nothing works. The LAN cable is the same as usual.
    Where can I obtain this driver?
    Thanks!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Router should not need a driver, it's simply broadcasting a signal to any device. It sounds like you need a network card driver for your computer or am I missing something?

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Download the free, Speccy http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html then run Speccy and click File > Save as Text File, then attach the log as per instructions below (note: as Speccy also now lists more data it likely will have your Windows licence serial key also in the log, so look for Operating System and under that Serial Number and delete the code and Save the log)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

This will give us the relevent info needed to get your connection up and running.;).As you don't have internet connection on the problem PC download the file to a cd or pendrive to gather the info and save the log that we need to the pen drive or new cd to upload here.

4. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, I did not need a Netgear driver.

My motherboard is a MSi H61M-P21. I just installed the drivers again and everything is fine!

Thanks again
    :-D

5. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback and it's good that all is working well again ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds