need a good unstall software that leave nothing behind...help plz

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xhui, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

hello, can someone point me to a good uninstall software that works? mean clear everything....thanks!!

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

You're going to have to elaborate a bit on your request. Are you looking for an uninstaller for a particular program? Are you looking for a program that'll get rid of unneccesary files from your computer? Perhaps one that'll completely erase data, as opposed to just deleting it? Or are you looking to format an entire drive? It'll help to know what O/S you're using as well.

3. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

im looking for a uninstaller thats better than the one come in my control panel "add and remove" as it always leave stuff behind. like folder and stuff. im useing window xp home.

4. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Well, there's lots of different programs out there, most of them you have to pay money for. Go to this link for 'Your Uninstaller!2003'. It is a good program, there is also a bunch of links on the page for various uninstaller programs, such as Add/Remove Plus & others.

http://www.topshareware.com/Your-Uninstaller!-2003-download-2249.htm

5. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

hmm not good enough :rolleyes: it didnt remove the folder in program file

6. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

When installing an application in Windows, then it is the application (or user) that is responsible for knowing what changes are made during the install. Most applications get installed by using some sort of installer-software, which performs the logging of the changes made during the install, so it can revert them when uninstalled. Some times the installer-software for the application doesn't do this job properly, or the application makes changes after the install which the installer-software have no chance to know about.

Therefore it is difficult to get uninstall-software which after the install of an application can figure out what changes it need to revert. It really is up the application itself to behave nicely.

There exists certain tools which one can activate when installing an application, and these tools logs all changes (registry+files). Though they add some extra hazzle to the install process, and they still don't handle the situation where the application makes change after the installation.

There also exists certain tools that scans for unused files and registry entries and removes them. Though they add the possibility of deleting something which was actually in use, so other applications stops working.

7. hitme64

hitme64 Private E-2

that seems like the same problem i am having with uninstalling zipitfast from my system. despite add/remove and the built-in uninstallers, the file zshellAD.dll still remains in the folder zipitpro. not only that, the zipitfast icons still appear on the tray and has replaced the winzip program. manually deleting the dll always ends up with the "access is denied" notification. according to other users who experienced the same thing when uninstalling the program, it also changed/hijacked the ie startpage.

any ideas on how to go about this? (i already started a thread on this but specifically on trojan and virus removal, spyware specifics).

thanks

8. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

It is not very nice to hijack other people's threads. Have replied to your thread

9. morleybc

morleybc Private E-2

I diffently would suggest using The Read Me First Before Asking For Support:Basic spyware,Trojan and Virus Removal.It worked great for my system.Just follow it word for word.I also found a program I really like .Check it out-http://www.evidenceeliminator-download.com/Security.htm. :cool:

10. mal1930

mal1930 Private First Class

There are some commercial Uninstallrs that watch the installation process and keeps a record so that when you want to uninstall the program it knows what is there. I am not sure whether it always deletes the folder.

I find they are awful slow as they check what is on your computer before the install against what is there afterwards but this is the only program that would be sure to delete all files put on your hard drive in this way.

11. dip14

dip14 Private E-2

SO........there is no solution for this ????
    I also want a uninstaller that removes everything.

12. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Ther are as mal1930 says, some that keep a record of everything that changes as a result of an install, but these are very slow installing a program as they have to save every little change to anything on your PC. Apparently slow and a pain, from threads I have read.

Simplest way is to use an uninstaller that comes with the program, or an uninstaller skin program, then run a Registry cleaner and don't agonise any further. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds