need a good video card!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mr_painless45, May 31, 2004.

1. mr_painless45

mr_painless45 Private E-2

hi, i just build a P4 2.4ghz Prescott system, with 1 GB of Geil dual channel pc3200 ddr 400 ram, and im wondering, should i get a sapphire 9600xt, a powercolor 9700, or a chaintech geforce 5900 fx? the most i want to spend is 170, that puts my comp at 800, and my parents are making me pay half of it, so.... :)

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

out of that mix, HANDS DOWN get the sapphire 9600xt

sapphire is in fact a VERY reliable manufacturer, as they make a good deal of the "ATi" named video cards in their own factories.

almost every user on this board will support the sapphire name as has been stated in countless threads here.

the only other option you might take is to get a 9800pro 128MB, as it is about the same price as a 9600xt now.

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

4. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

of course you could just wait for the x800 xt [​IMG]

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

odd, as that's the first bad news I've heard about them. I suppose it is always good to take a look at the company from a large-scale standpoint to see how their products fare. thanks for the info MT.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds