Need A New Firewall.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ichinzen, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

I need a firewall to replace windows firewall because i need to remove this piece of junk coding from my computer. It starting to cause more problems, than it fixes like blocking programs that i've been using since before upgrading to windows 10.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

1. Take your pic from here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/firewalls.html
    2. This is the best one from reviews: Comodo Firewall
    3. You cannot, ever, remove Windows Firewall from a Windows Operating System - all you can do is use a different one that takes over from it. And WF blocks nothing unless you agree to a prompt it sends you when it proposes blocking.

3. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

No but it was blocking some functionality. It even did it to firefox. Mozilla firefox of all things a program I've been using since before i had this computer I tried doing comodo firewall and it was kinda doing the same thing.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you are seeing repeat behaviour in both the inbuilt FW and Comodo then it's something else causing it on your system.
    What is the Operating System you have and what other security software do you have installed?

5. Ichinzen

Ichinzen Corporal

windows 10 and windows defender is the only security software i know of unless there's more i'm not aware of.

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There is no reason why either the inbuilt Windows FW or the Comodo FW would block anything to do with Firefox when they are running in their default mode. For any other processes both Windows FW and Comodo always ask a user before blocking anything. Nothing gets blocked 'in the dark'.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds