need advice on mobo and cpu combo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laserbrain, Dec 2, 2004.

1. laserbrain

laserbrain Private E-2

ok im in the proccess of researching which mobo cpu combo to buy. im thinking of either the athlon 3200+ (64) skt 939 + msi k8n neo2 nforce 3 mob

or:

athlon 3400+ skt 754 + abit kv8 pro k8t800 pro mobo

whats the difference between 734 and 939?
    whats the advantages of nforce 3 over the nforce 2?
    whats the diff between the l2 512 and l2 1mb?
    also will my current connections from the dvdrom and hard drives be compatable with the new mobos? i have an nvidea nforce2 chipset
    id appreciatte your advice guys
    thanks in advance

laser

2. laserbrain

laserbrain Private E-2

anyone?

3. darkhorizon

darkhorizon Private First Class

get the socket 939 motherboard and processor. it is what i have, it is the new socket type, and will be supported in the future, the socket 754 has already reached the end of its live, no future chips will be made for it. but the 939 will live on for quite awhile, making it a nice upgrade to a 4000+ amd 64 in a few years for a cheap price.

as for the motherboard, i've never used yours, but i love my abit av8, i've built 2 computers with them, and soon to be a 3rd (im only a college student).

the hard drives and dvdrom's should be compatible.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds