Need anti virus program info please

Discussion in 'Software' started by ralph, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ralph

ralph Private E-2

My AVG anti virus is about to expire, so what I am asking is... Should I keep it another 2 years or switch to Bit Defender? IS THERE A DIFFERENCE? Is it better and use less resources? Or is there a better program out there? I mostly surf the internet. No gaming. I'm running an older machine with XP pro. Thanks in advance.

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

IMHO: If AVG has been doing the job for you and you are happy with it...STICK with it.
    :)

3. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Is it better and use less resources?

yes there is NOD32 i have been using the last 3 years and nothing pass that
    thing and it uses little ressources...

I will keep that one for a long while............

4. ralph

ralph Private E-2

Never heard of nod32 ???? But i will look into it. I have a week to make up my mind. (an inexperienced one at that)

5. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Check out all your options in Anti Virus link http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads29.html

Lots of free stuff and shareware, your choice.

Personally I use Avast Free version, having switched a long time ago from Norton's Anti Virus, then AVG, now Avast.

I like it because it operates quietly in the background and automatically updates without the need for user intervention. Bazza

===

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  7. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

I 2nd that vote for Avast Bazza, it's one of the best I've ever used!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds