Need C: Documents to point to D:

Discussion in 'Software' started by randl, Dec 12, 2013.

1. randl

randl Private E-2

I used a method to move all my documents, pictures, etc., from my SSD card(C:), to an HDD at (D:), the "Move" worked fine (finally, it took a reload of windows to get it right). However now, every time I click on the "Documents Icon" to the left of the folder screen, I get taken to "C: Documents" which is empty.

Is there a way to put a pointer at the C: location so when I click on the before mentioned Icon, it takes me to "D:""

Please point me to the right Microsoft Page, if possible, so I can complete this (operation).

Thanks.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Right click on Documents under start (or explorer, libraries) and choose properties. You can change the path there.

3. randl

randl Private E-2

I am afraid I need more than that. This is how I originally started, and got into trouble. I have the machine online now and I need a step-by-step sure way to do it.

I found out moving stuff around within the windows database is heavy and full of consequences.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

randl,

When I get home this evening, I will post screenshots.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Take a look at this:

[​IMG]

All you need to do is click the button to include a folder and browse to where your documents are now kept.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds