Need Cheap Android Phone Suggestions

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by DavidGP, Jun 17, 2017.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey folks -

Need a cheapish android smartphone, now £100-150 is range and SIM free, which leads to another question on a good £5-10 plan thats 30day rolling no contract.

Reason is I use Windows Phones, work for what I need personally and for work due to office integration ect but my car while connects OK to my Windows phone some of the apps and more so UConnect does not like WP, more so Apple (not going down that route again) and Android 5.0+

Anyone know much on this brand if any good https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/wileyfox/spark-plus.html#!colour=black&capacity=16GB&dealType=sf

Mad as I am this is just a phone to power the apps in my car! http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/2016/fiat/500_abarth/5-0-ra2/ this but I have a 595 Abarth 2017 similar apps and touch system

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I don't know any personally but this UK based review shows many under £150 but if it was me I would avoid the ones that do NOT support 4g. Luckily a few do.
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...17-the-six-best-cheap-phones-to-buy-right-now

As for no contract SIM I don't think anyone can beat GIFFGAFF - been using it for years. Excellent service and prices.

On my second older android I use Virgin as I am a broadband customer so I get a good deal for £6 pm but on a monthly contract but service is not great and they only started enabling 4g this year.

DavidGP likes this.
  3. DavidGP

Cheers Max, was thinking GiffGaff as uses O2 which my contract phone is on already so covers areas I goto.

I'm with you on 4G and Alcatel's Pixi 4 seems ok from that review thanks, will likely take a trip to O2 or CPW store and look at a few, want really something as a spare phone, sub £150 SIM free and GiffGaff £10 bundle of calls and data is fine, as just really going to power my cars apps, do I need it no, but nice to have weather, traffic reports in car.

4. isac

isac Private E-2

How about a Huawei there both cheap and good:)

DavidGP likes this.
  5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

DavidGP likes this.
  6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

DavidGP likes this.
  7. NICK ADSL UK

DavidGP likes this.
  8. DavidGP

Yeah Nick got the L1 and the XA is a better phone, a friend of mine is getting an XA over the iPhone X now, as better vs cost.
    I love the Android OS and some great apps, my banks app brill, Android pay, Waze, hahaha even works has an app, I can book my holidays on etc

9. NICK ADSL UK

i think my XA1 6inch 32 GB storage with 4GB of ram and a full HD screen for £300 is excellent value. My wife's Samsung j5 2017 model for £220 is in all probability all you need such is the overall quality of the handset

10. DavidGP

I know its great value and great features, which is what me and friend where looking at the other day, she was thinking iPhone X until saw price, then Sansung S8, a great phone but she liked my L1.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds