need confirmation please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-125cdb8a9b, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Anon-125cdb8a9b

Anon-125cdb8a9b Anonymized

This means that the pc can connect to an ethernet router wirelessly doesnt it?

-802.11g Wireless Network Ready

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well the router has wireless capabilities but the PC must have a wireless network card as well. Coarse analogy is "the radio station has an arieal" but if your radio doesn't well you won't get the broadcast!

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

It could mean one of two things...

1) The system can support the addition of a wireless card.

2) It already has the wireless card.

Is that exactly how it is worded on the specs.

What is the PC, I'm assuming, you are contemplating buying?? If it is a major brand like Dell or HP, then I would go with #2, above. If it is some mom & pop manufacturer, or off ebay, or something like that, then I would investigate further by speaking directly to them and ask them if the wirelss is turn key!! SOme shady people might use this, the way you've worded it anyway, to make you think it has wireless, when in fact all they are saying is the pc will support wireless!!

Roger

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds