Need Digital Phone/Fax Setup Advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shotglass, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Shotglass

Shotglass Private E-2

I don't know if I am in the right forum, but here goes.

Just went to Time Warner Cable Digital Phone with a HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP 425dn. Have the fax set to receive on the HP to 5 rings and the TWC voicemail to receive on 3 rings and set on Automatic as instructed. Works kind of okay, but I need it to all happen automatically. Right now I have to hit "start fax". TWC, as usual is no help. Am I missing a setting? Do I need an Analog/Digital Converter? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If you are using a single phone line with a single phone number, most fax machines require that you manually press the "start" button in order to receive a fax.

A few fax machines have a feature that - if you answer the phone and hear it's a fax - allow you to hit the "#" key on your phone to automatically start receiving. You'll need to check your owners' manual to see if this applies to your model.

3. Shotglass

Shotglass Private E-2

to Gman863.

Thank you for the reply. We have tried automatic, manual, Tele/Ans Machine and Fax/Tele. We've had the fax answer first, then two rings later... just cant fine the right combination.

We have run the line out of the fax to the modem, and then out of the modem. Kind of a lost cause. So starting today, we use it for out going only and no longer list a fax number.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds