Need Driver for Deskjet 2050 J510a for use on Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by hutchfred, Jan 24, 2012.

1. hutchfred

hutchfred Private First Class

I've just purchased a HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J510a Series. The "salesman" told me I could download a driver from hp.com so that this printer would work on my machine on which I use Windows 2000 Pro.

I searched hp.com and posted the question on their forum. First answer was no there is none.

The printer specs only goes back as far as XP.

Can anyone tell me where I can download such a driver if there is one?

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I'm reasonably sure that there is no driver for W2K . Sometimes a driver disk will work,I've seen it done even though it shouldn't have worked,,but that is an extreme long shot.

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I would take it back to the place of purchase and tell the manager your salesman gave you wrong information.

Your only option would be to install the XP driver and see if it works. And that would be a big if.

4. hutchfred

hutchfred Private First Class

Thanks to both of you. I did take it back, now looking for a Lexmark X2670, it is supposed to work with W2k.

5. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds