1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need drivers for HP TouchSmart IQ775 Desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by darklight, May 16, 2012.

1. darklight

darklight Private E-2

hello all first off i have no clue as to what iam doing i took my computer down to a tech for him to work on he was only able to get my video and sound to work but not my blue tooth or wireless that came with it when i switched to xp

now that i had a really bad virus that crashed my computer i had to reinstall xp iam now running xp media center but its going a little slow i think its the internet connection but iam not sure

my problem is this i have no sound for the past 3 days me and my gf was looking for the drivers the tech who i pay 90$ to i ask if he would put the drivers on only problem the only one that works is my video not the sound or anything else when i try to look for them i only found it for vista please can someone help me
  2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi darklight,
    Welcome MG's,

Please could you run everest ..... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Add the report in your next post like this.....

This will give me the info that I need to gather your Drivers.
  3. darklight

darklight Private E-2

Attached Files:

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. darklight

darklight Private E-2

sorry about that here the right report

Attached Files:

6. pcpart

pcpart Private E-2

very cofteble even for laptops
  7. darklight

darklight Private E-2

cofteble ??
  8. darklight

darklight Private E-2

can someone please help me with my sound problem
  9. tgell

In your first post, you said you were able to get sound to work. In Device Manger, what devices have yellow exclamation marks next to them. Right click the device, select properties, and in the details tab, provide the Vendor and Device ID's after selecting Hardware ID's in the drop down box.
  10. darklight

darklight Private E-2

mmm ok if you read it like you should have it also said i had a really bad virus at the time and i had to reinstalled xp witch also means i lost all the drivers i had installed the only one i have is my video now and i been trying to track down the diver for my sound but since i dont no what one i need its kind of hard to do so as i said if you read this post as you should have before saying it you would understand that

also i made the full report you asked for iam not a computer expert

as for yellow exclamation marks

from what it told me this is the following

audio device on high definition audio bus

bb+ module(e.d)

unknown device

have try a few sound drivers and so far none has worked iam running xp professional
  11. tgell

I need the vendor and Device ID's for each device with a yellow exclamation mark as shown.

12. darklight

darklight Private E-2

thank you

13. tgell

For the audio driver, see if this works.

As for the other drivers please look at this thread. It may help. The person had a Touchseries IQ775.uk Hopefully it will help with the bluetooth. If you have problems please post back.

I believe the bluetooth is the USB\VID_0471&PID_060F\GLLF

hp 802.11agb wireless lan is USB\VID_0ACE&PID_B215\6&37E6974E&0&2

I believe the other device needs the chipset driver which I will be looking for.
  14. darklight

darklight Private E-2

thank you so much for taking the time to help me i will give it a shot
  15. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i have try the audio driver that you posted when i try to install it said it dont support my hardware
  16. tgell

Okay, I am going to have to investigate this further. Some of these XP drivers will be difficult to find.
  17. darklight

darklight Private E-2

i have found a few they installed just fine but the sound never came on so iam assuming they didnt work

honestly if nothing else if you can find the sound driver that would be the best thing i ever would need i know that soundmax can install on this computer but all the ones i found was for vista

i been looking at every single website i can find that might have a clue on to what.

the hp website has no support for xp and the only driver they had was for the lightscribe
  18. tgell

I am not sure if this will work for you but try this ASUS driver for XP

SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.1.6480 for 32bit Windows XP(WHQL).
  19. darklight

darklight Private E-2

so interesting

i get the same message as the other audio driver

however something else came up it said it dont support win_5p
  20. tgell

When you unzipped the file, what files and subfolders were in the unzipped folder?