need drivers for HP TouchSmart IQ775 Desktop

Discussion in 'Software' started by darklight, May 16, 2012.

1. darklight

darklight Private E-2

sorry to brother you guys again but my external is acting funny i cant get into it even tho my computer see it it dont show up my gf think it might be a file that deleted a file for it to show up

the hard drive still runs just fine but it dont show up

and my video driver is now not working since its not installed iam not sure what one i need that will work any hep would be nice i still got the other 2 drives you sent me

oh btw the sound driver keep saying its not for my os but it does work any clue as to why it says it

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

The reason the sound driver says it is not for your OS is because we actually used a Vista Driver for your computer that seems to work okay in XP.

I am a little confused on the external drive issue. I ask this because you said the computer sees it but it does not show up. Are you saying that you cannot see the external drive in my computer or you can see the external drive but cannot access the information on it?

3. darklight

darklight Private E-2

my external hard drive is a seagate 3.0 usb

you know when you put a fresh copy of windows on the computer and you put in new hardware will i put my external on and it seem to see it but has a problem fully installing it would seem

and when you go to where it says remove hardware it seem to see it so i can remove it but when i go to my computer there is no sign of it in there and when i go to disc management there is nothing there stating it is there

as for the sound i managment to get it back thanks to this thread along with the blue tooth

but i need a video driver also since i cant get into my hard drive where all my drivers as for xp

4. tgell

When you say Seagate 3.0 USB do you mean that the external drive has USB 3.0. The computer specs say you have only USB 2.0. I think your drive must be USB 2.0 as the connectors are not backwards compatible. USB 2.0 will connect to USB 3.0 but not 3.0 to 2.0. What is the exact model number of the drive?

I am having some difficulty tracking down the video driver. It may be a chipset issue that is causing the USB problem.

Edit: In the other thread I referenced a person had a hard time finding USB host controller drivers. This is what you will need but am not sure if I can find them.

5. tgell

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

These have a good chance of working ok, with downgrading this PC, although as tgell mentions they may not work, the reason is that hardware makers do not go backwards with OSes they go forward and a driver to fit may not be available that works perfectly, can fudge some but not all.

Not going to have USB 3.0 work with XP sadly, it will likely run at USB2.0 speeds only.

7. darklight

darklight Private E-2

hello all well i have the same issue

i see the old links on here are still here but i cant seem to get them if anyone could possible put the drivers i need on 4share, media fire, or drop box i well be eternally grateful to all of you

i need the sound, video, wifi if possible please

8. darklight

darklight Private E-2

hi just wanted to say i still have the same computer the only diffrent is my os is not the same iam running window 7 would these drivers still work or do i need new ones if so i need the video wifi sound the rest iam sure i can get once i get on the internet please

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go here
    Code:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3548177
    and click the Red Button that says scan now. I had selected 64 bit Win 7.

10. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , if all that failed you can follow this

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds