Need Drivers for SCSI and RAID controllers 320G harddrive

Discussion in 'Software' started by xp_master_of_system, Mar 27, 2009.

1. xp_master_of_system

xp_master_of_system Private E-2

hey guys this is the device that i am having problems with :confusedSCSI and RAID controllers an here is my problem...

1.) Problem [​IMG]

2.) Problem [​IMG]

what can i do to solve this problem

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

3. xp_master_of_system

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Sorry for that I wasn't understanding what you need. You have a external HDD attached to yur computer via (usb, firewire, or a extra drive in your computer). You are running OS ( linux, xp, vista) and the computer is not letting you access this drive. It shows as local disk E and it should be a storage drive.

5. xp_master_of_system

Yeh that is ryt now but it is not a usb drive but it is placed in my tower case.. Also I am running it on Windows XP Pro SP2

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Problem 1.
    If I read this right all you wish to do is change the name from Local Drive to Storage? if so just open up My Computer and either right click > Properties and change the name in the Top Box or Right Click > Rename (need to be in Admin account)

Local Disk is just given as a default and here is mine changed by using methods above.

[​IMG]

Problem 2.
    Dont know what your after here as if that drive is a SATA then that listing of RAID Controller Driver is correct, dont have to be using RAID.

Also
    Does this mean that you cannot access the data on the 320GB drive E: ? if so and this came from another machine with XP on it then you likely will need to take Ownership of the drive and instructions here. If another issue then tell us what error message you get when trying to access the E drive?

7. xp_master_of_system

The problem that i have it is that it has the drivers installed but it won't let me access it don't kno why tho.:confused is there any chance that u can help me to access it plz?

8. xp_master_of_system

**need help**

Ok guys this is my problem here are some of the Prt-Screens i did so u all can help me get my Exturnal drive going.. Ok

1.) The drivers are installed.. Ok
    [​IMG]

2.) Not Saying Storage but it is saying Local Disk..:confused
    [​IMG]

3.) Now i double Click on the E:/ drive that is my Storage Device.. Look wat happeans..
    [​IMG]

9. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

MS has 2 hotfixes available for your problem. I have included both links so you can read through them and see if they can solve your problem. I thought the link Halo provided would solve the issue.
    Click on the link and read the issue , the hotfix download will be at the top of the page. If this doesn't work post back and we will give it another shot...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937357

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893231

10. xp_master_of_system

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893231 this link i tryed but it does not work my friend

11. xp_master_of_system

So has anyone got way for me to get it going..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds