Need Ethernet driver for windows 98se

Discussion in 'Software' started by topkat690, Nov 10, 2009.

1. topkat690

topkat690 Private First Class

Hi all I am trying to find a ethernet driver for my cousin's hp xe734 pc with windows 98se I have looked but to no avail so maybe someone out there can help me out. I was thinking that since it has a 300megahertz processor, 15 gig hd and 526 mb of ram maybe it could be upgraded to xp pro since I have the disc and I have not used all the license for it. please let me know. thank you.

topkat

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

According to the HP product page, this model was not supplied with an Ethernet card and the ASUS mainboard it is based on does not have one built-in. I suggest you open her up and pull the Ethernet card to find out what type it is - instructions on installing/replacing PCI cards.

EDIT: That would be a very poor PC if you 'upgraded' it to XP, exacerbated by the very old-style (read very slow) hard drive, stick to 98 or Windows 2000.

3. topkat690

topkat690 Private First Class

I ran Everest Home Edition and this is what it found for other devices;

[ Other devices / PCI Ethernet Controller ]

Device Properties:
    Driver Description PCI Ethernet Controller
    Hardware ID PCI\VEN_11AD&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_F0041385&REV_20, PCI\VEN_11AD&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_F0041385, PCI\VEN_11AD&DEV_0002&REV_20&CC_0200, PCI\VEN_11AD&DEV_0002&CC_020000, PCI\VEN_11AD&DEV_0002&CC_0200
    PCI Device NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The Netgear Driver for that PCI Card is HERE

Do also once installed let us know if you have nay yellow ! marks in Device Manager?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds