Need for Speed Most Wanted locksup after the race intro movie..

Discussion in 'Software' started by gamefreaksl, Dec 25, 2005.

1. gamefreaksl

gamefreaksl Private E-2

The game locks up after the little intro thing before the races. I've tried everything I could think of. I reinstalled my drivers, tried both Catalyst and omegas, updated sound drivers, done everything in the trouble shooting guide. I'm all out of ideas. :(

Specs:
    AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.2
    x800 256mb
    1GB of PC3200 RAM

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Did you try the patch for nfs most wanted?

3. gamefreaksl

gamefreaksl Private E-2

Yeah I downloaded the 1.3 patch, same thing still happens though. :( And I have the black edition if that makes a difference.

4. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

You might have a defective copy, You might want to take it back to were you bought it from and exchange it.

5. gamefreaksl

gamefreaksl Private E-2

Well I don't think its an defective copy cause the same thing happened with the demo. I jjust reinstalled everything, drivers, game, and the patch. I'm going to try reinstalling direct x and see if that helps. Also I noticed this.

My display memory is not 512, its 256. Would that cause the lockups? I don't even know if that would be possible, but I thought I would ask. :S

6. gamefreaksl

gamefreaksl Private E-2

Well I decided to go ahead a do a reformat(I needed too anyways) and that fixed my problem! :) Thanks fo the help everyone.

7. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
    If not just check ati and download the catalyst 5.13 drivers.

8. gamefreaksl

gamefreaksl Private E-2

Yeah I have the 5.13 drivers. -_- Well I can play for like a minute now then it freezes...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds