need help and advice badly about reinstalling XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mist321, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Mist321

Mist321 Private E-2

ok im just cleaning up my old computer which is a dell dimension 4100 i know its old and everything i just want to clean it out. Well it first came with a Windows ME edition then i upgraded to a Windows XP home edition eventually.

well after a while the computer started to run slow and everything so i decided i want to reinstall windows and wipe out the whole system and clean it out. Since i bought a UPGRADE WINDOWS XP edition it will not let me reinstall windows with that CD since its a UPGRADED version

so im trying to find a way so that i can reinstall windows and i need help bad.

Some one told me to reinstall windows ME again then put the XP upgrade CD back in and install that but i cannot find my windows ME edition CD to reinstall that so i have no clue what to do and i really need some help and i would really appreciate it thnx a lot :)

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

You dont need too install ME first, I'd advise against that.
    But
    You do need your ME cd or a previous version of Window's.
    During the install of Upgrade version of XP it will promp you during the install for the previous version of Windows, not to install but only to verify that you have it, no product key is needed for the previous version only the CD

If you cant find your CD maybe a friend has one you can borrow, 98, ME, W2K

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds