Need Help, Audio Probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeldoM, Mar 20, 2007.

1. SeldoM

SeldoM Private E-2

hello there, I'm a bit of a noob at this

i'm in a spot of bother and cant seem to find a solution to my problem. I'll give some details first then explain my problem.
    MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-M61VME-S2, with onboard sound (REALTEK ALC883 CODEC chip, with AC97 front panel audio module).hope this is what you need info wise.
    My problem is this, my headset works fine(mic and headphones), and have sound and voice communication working. I use a gaming type of communication prog called "ventrillo" and some time tlk through in game voice com. The problem is when i use my push to talk key in either, the sound coming through my headphones is relayed to my clan mates or their voice's are relayed also, and it is usually louder than my own voice being streamed. It is as if my headphones have become a microphone. I have been through my sound settings and the fancy "gigabyte" high def sound settings and cannot figure this out. My question then is, does anyone know of this problem or suffered this problem, or Knows how to configure the settings for the above mentioned sound and mother board.

please help, as i wish to play my online games with my clan, and not annoy them.:(

i hope i have made this as clear as possible and any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. Albatrossgr

Albatrossgr Private E-2

Well, my answer might be totally stupid, but it is possible since it has happenned to me. If your microphone is very sensitive, and if you are lsitening from your headsets at a high volume, then what you are hearing could be transmitted by the microphone.
    If this is the problem, and you can't lower the volume at which you listen, then go to Volume Control options and lower your line-in volume. Hope it helps. I can't think of anything else.

3. SeldoM

SeldoM Private E-2

Thanks Albatrossgr,

But unfortunately the line-in volume, mic volume, etc. in teh recording settings are greyed out and I cannot access them. I have read through a couple of forums on the net and this "greyed out" problem seems to be quite common with Realtek high def sound. I didnt seem to find anyone with the same problem tho, only people couldnt get there mic working. I hope there is a fix for this, or there is updated drivers that fix it, otherwise i'll just have to buy a soundcard and run my gaming voice comms thru that and save the high def for everything else.......confused

thanks again for the quick rply.....anyone else know anything ????????

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I know this doesn't help much, but I was going to suggest the volume also, that perhaps it was 'bleeding' thru somehow. Try uninstalling and re-installing the sound drivers. Also, if you install a PCI sound card, you will NOT be able to use the on-board sound (Realtek) and the sound card at the same time. When the sound card is installed, many motherboards will automatically disable the built-in audio to avoid conflicts. If the motherboard doesn't do it, you'll have to do it manually by entering the BIOS and disabling the on board audio controller. If you try to run both at the same time, the PC will find this confusing and you'll probably get nothing (at best) or 'blue screen' errors and crashes (at worst).

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds