Need help before computer explodes!

Discussion in 'Software' started by TrueMetal, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TrueMetal

TrueMetal Private E-2

I have no clue whats wrong, or what could be wrong, so please help me someone!

i just formatted my computer, and got done installing everything I wanted, including Norton Internet security 2005 before I went online. So I go online, and everything is fine for a while, update all my programs and what not. But then whenever I opened a program, I would not be able to close it. Like, I could visually close it, but in the processor tab it is still running, and I cannot close it. I decided to ignore it, but now I have 20 Windows Media Player processes running, and no way to get rid of them. Nothing will close! Norton also won't let me get internet access to firefox or Miranda. What the F*** is wrong!! I had one spyware problem, but got rid of it. I ran Norton and everything seemed to be fine. :(

Attached Files:

2. Frodo

Frodo Private E-2

Have to agree with HelloimTim. Norton Security is at least in my opinion bad news. Zone Alarm is far better and so far I have never had a problem with it. Remove Norton Security and install Zone Alarm you will find it far better

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

However, how do either of you know that is causing the issue? It could be a simple setting in regards to Miranda and Firefox.

Norton products are not free. Switching costs money.

How about we do linear, logical troubleshooting first?

I hate Norton as much as the next guy, but stop blindly blaming stuff, please.

For the original poster--

Please follow this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

See if the problems persist with media player.

In regards to your access, reset the Norton defaults if you can, or clear out the restriction list.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds