Need help booting up my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by nomadd, Mar 6, 2007.

1. nomadd

nomadd Private E-2

Ok, I wasn't sure which forum I should post this in, but here is my question. I recently installed a new DVD burner into my windows xp machine. Windows found the hardware and installed the drivers. I then installed the bundled software that came with the burner. I then proceeded to reboot my machine (so far so good) then as the machine was rebooting, I get past the splash screen and that is when the problem started. Nothing, Nada. all i had was a blank screen. I tried to reboot into safe mode so that I could uninstall the drivers and software but safe mode wouldn't boot up. It just hung up. I tried to reload xp ( when it checked and found a previous copy of xp it asked to repair the installation, which I allowed) and when I rebooted, it comes up to the windows installation part but I have an error box that comes up. the error is " lsass.exe system error" "an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function" no when I press the x in the corner of the error box or press the ok button, the machine just starts the loop all over again. Now the only reason that I haven't reformatted the machine and started over again is that I don't want to loose my email that is in my outlook. ( no I didn't have time to create a pst file) Is there anyway to either repair my windows or how can I get my email ?

Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi Nomadd,

Make sure that when you installed your new drive that you didn't dislodge any cards on the MB also check to see that your RAM is fully pushed into the slots.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

In addition to checking all your cards and RAM, try a new IDE cable (80pin) between the new DVDRW and the motherboard. Also reset your BIOS setting to default; there may be some type of conflict in there. Most BIOS's you can press F10 to install the 'fail-safe' defaults. If the DVDRW is sharing a cable, make sure both devices are jumpered correctly, or better yet, put the DVDRW on its own cable (again, use a new 80pin IDE). Keep us posted... if none of this works we can at least help save your emails......

hopperdave2000

Oh yeah- maybe try a hard drive diagnostic (visit your HD manfacturer's web site) and a RAM diagnostic (Memory section here at Major Geeks). Maybe run a 'chkdsk /r' from the Recovery Console.....

4. nomadd

nomadd Private E-2

Ok, I did everything that was suggested and it still continues to do the infinite loop thing. At this point I have no problem formating the drive and starting over again, I just don't want to loose my email. Now the problem is that I have office 2007 and am using outlook 2007 and I just want to retrieve the last month of emails. Any way that I can do this. I did not export my outlook file to a *.pst file. So I am not sure how to retrieve the last month of emails.

Any and all help on this subject is most welcomed.

Nomadd

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds