need help completly wipeing computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by viper91180, Oct 12, 2005.

1. viper91180

viper91180 Private E-2

ok guys heres what happened, some of you may remember me posting about not being able to update windows, well what happened was the guy i purchased formn had installed a blacklisted copy and it would nto allow me to update anything and i was haveing some problems that i believe the updates would have solved, to make a story short, he ended up giveing me a new legit copy registered to me and all that jazz, so now what i want to do is complelty format/erase my computer and install that, so can you guys give me some instructions, so i can print them off and use them if things doint go quit as smooth as i want. thanks guys

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Here you go.

Attached Files:

3. viper91180

viper91180 Private E-2

so simply puttin in the xp home edition, i can choose an option to format my c drive from there, oh and another question, i have another drive installed, an f drive which i keep movied and music on, can i just dump some filed that i want to keep, like some photoshop work and some other random files onto that drive and leave it unformated and format the c only, or will i have to unplug the f, its simply a slave for storage.

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

You can transfer the files you want to keep to the other drive. Perfroming a clean install on the primary HDD won't effect the file system on the other HDD.

5. viper91180

viper91180 Private E-2

sweet, thanks a million man, im going to give it a go tommorow night, so ill post back when i get up and running again.

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Sorry, wrong thread. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds