need help figuring out what service packs i must download

Discussion in 'Software' started by kissime, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kissime

kissime Private E-2

I have a 64 bit laptop running on vista and uses office 2007. We turned off the automatic updates and intended to download updates maunually as we figured out if we needed them or not, but now, since we didn't download ANYTHING, I've got 123 things that want to be updated and not sure what are the essentials... any help would be great.

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

All of the ones that are marked as "Important" as they are security patches.

3. dave.m

dave.m Private First Class

Vista's latest SP is SP2 but you must have SP1 installed before SP2 will install.
    Look amongst the 'Important' updates and if you have SP1 already installed and SP2 is in the list, then install that first.
    Once you have SP1 and SP2, then run the 'check for updates' again. It may not be as many because some will have been included in the SP2.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds