need help finding a video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sergio187, Feb 27, 2006.

1. sergio187

sergio187 Private E-2

hey i need help finding a video card for my compaq sr1630nx i have 2 AGP cards but the cards seem to be too long to fit. if anyone that can help me with this problem please reply

2. nickwsu

nickwsu Private First Class

sounds like you have integrated graphics and maybe trying to stick an AGP card into a PCI slot?

What kind of motherboard do you got there?

Whats wrong with current video? what do you use it for? how much $$ to spend?

Need more info.

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

4. sergio187

sergio187 Private E-2

I was looking for the specs earlier. Thanks for the replys and the link. This helps out alot. Thanks again.:)

5. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

aweosme, you have the same PC as me, your pc uses pci-express wich is better than agp and not ocmpatable witha gp. i have a 6600gt in mine but I would reccomend a 6800 or better as this seems to be the new standard for gamers. Im would suggest not spending a ton on your video card since directX 10 cards are coming out soon as well as windows vista. so get a good midrange card like i sugegsted and upgrade next year. also a great upgrade for that pc is an extra 512mb of RAM I am using pny optima pc3200 and it makes a big difference in soem games, WoW especially.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds