Need help finding correct drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chala, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Chala

Chala Corporal

Please help I am not sure what drivers to install for my sound card, Its a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy not the best of the bunch I know, but it's all I have.

I thought I updated the correct drivers, I installed SBA_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0061.exe from here
    http://support.creative.com/downloa...?nLanguageLocale=1033&filename=sb0570&nPage=2 but I think I need SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011.exe from here
    http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=1#type_1I am having problems finding the correct drivers to install anyone that could help I will be greatly appreciative, thanks in advance!

2. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Is this a new sound card Chala? Have you tried updating the driver from My Computer Manager? (start/right click my computer, manage/device manager/ sound and video game controllers/)

3. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Sorry for spamming posts lol -- right click on the driver with a question mark (assuming your sound is not working) and click update driver. Also what OS are you running? x64, x86?

4. Chala

Chala Corporal

No, it's several years old, I just did a clean install of windows, and yes I went to device manager and updated through that at first, and it seemed fine for a while a few days or so. Then it started to skip so I installed the SBA_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0061.exe which I think is the wrong drivers.

5. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  6. Chala

Chala Corporal

Did not try saving to desktop and will try the installer thanks, i just need to make sure i have the right one before installing.

Can you please look at the two links i provided in posts above and based on the model number i provided can you tell me which are the correct drivers i need Ostylee please?

7. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Chala, i am leaving work now but if you dont have it figured out in the next hour or so, ill be back on! I'd try to save the drivers to the desktop first before navigating to the link i provided you. Either way when I get home i'll investigate those links and let you know!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. Chala

Chala Corporal

Thanks Ostylee will be here!

9. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Hey Chala what is the exact model number? I saw on the first page, on the second provided link ( http://support.creative.com/download...Type=1#type_1I ), there is an audio driver called " Creative Sound Blaster audio driver 1.04.0090" I'm not sure of what your running exactly, but I would give my first link ( xpdrivers.com) a go , then attempt that specific driver download.

10. Chala

Chala Corporal

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy-Model Number SB0570
    Please look at the links i gave you. The link you posted does not work.

11. Chala

Chala Corporal

12. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Hey Chala unfortunately the link your giving me, does not open correctly either, :-/ i would save give it a shot, the worst that'll happen is you wont have sound still. Also if you Google the link i gave you it'll bring you to the proper site!

13. Chala

Chala Corporal

14. Ostylee

Ostylee Private E-2

Yes Chala, that driver looks to be the correct one. When downloading try to save to your desktop to verify first. Then move to your system32 file after if you want to, or leave it on your desktop whichever you prefer.

15. Chala

Chala Corporal

Thanks Ostylee i will let you know how it goes!

16. Chala

Chala Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds