Need help finding sound drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kraiden, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Kraiden

Kraiden Private E-2

I just recently reinstilled Windows xp to Windows Xp pro service pack 3, then realized that i misplaced all my important driver CDs when i moved =/ only driver i cant find is the sound.

I went through the forums, downloaded everest and checked my Motherboard ID "63-1001-009999-00101111-041906-GeForce 6150$A0368001_BIOS DATE: 04/19/06 17:05:15 VER: 08.00.12" but the name of it is unknown as well as the chip set, CPU type AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+ i built this comp almost 5 years ago.

I know i used to have soundmax and ive looked for hours on good, downloaded programs to find it and nothing, any help would be great.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you run the below and attach the log in a text file as it may give us some info to help you track down the driver.

Also if you can open the PC up with power off and check to see if any names are on the motherboard as to a maker and model?

3. Kraiden

Kraiden Private E-2

No need, i figured it out :) i opened up my pc and googled the random code i saw on a sticker. If i have any more issues i'll come back here.

4. DavidGP

Hi Kraiden

Glad you have it all sorted, by the way what was the motherboard? just curious incase I come across this again?

Cheers and indeed do pop back.

5. Kraiden

Kraiden Private E-2

6. DavidGP

Hi Kraiden

Cheers for passing this info on, I only tried part of the number (the first bit) but notice now that it was listed on a Polish site with that mobo model, so good find.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds