Need help for micro sd card.

Discussion in 'Software' started by jodevizes, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jodevizes

jodevizes Private E-2

I bought a cheap mp3 player off a market and now I find that it doesn't work without a micro sd card. I had a look and some say that they may not work without this adapter and some are on their own.

Can anybody give me an indication into how these things work as I don't want to get burned again.

(Yes let the buyer beware http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/redface.gif I am having rube tattooed on my forehead aswell)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

A micro SD card is generally what you'll find in cell phones.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. It's basically a memory card to store your data/files/music, etc. Do you have an expansion slot in your mp3 player?

Usually what you'll find when you buy them is they'll come with an SD adaptor. The micro SD card fits inside the SD adaptor card and you can insert it into your computer (assuming you have an SD slot) to transfer music or whatever.

They really aren't that expensive. For example, here's one on amazon for $5.00.

If I didn't answer what you were asking, just let me know.

3. jodevizes

jodevizes Private E-2

Thank you for your reply. Yes this MP3 player has a slot in the side for the card which is why it doesn't have an on board memory as I thought it had.

I have seen these sd cards with the adapters to plug into a computer but I am not sure if they will work in the player.

This player comes with a USB cable so the you don't need an adapter, the trouble is I need to make sure that the card I buy will work in it.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Any micro SD card should be compatible with it. The difference will be brand and storage size (usually up to 8GB, I believe).

There are Micro SDHC cards which are newer technology and have a larger storage capacity. They may not be compatible. Before buying one, I'd make sure you mp3 player specifically says it's compatible with the SDHC card.

What type of MP3 player is this?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds