Need help getting files off of my "My book external hard drive" Please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by runfromabear, Sep 3, 2012.

1. runfromabear

runfromabear Private First Class

It seems I have had a lot of computer related questions lately, but I have had a lot of computer issues lately and I find the people here very helpful. Recently, my dell vostro 3700 laptop crashed and I am trying to recover the files that were backed up on "My book" exeternal drive and I am not sure how to go about doing this.

That program is no longer even installed on my laptop and when I try to install it, it is not picking up the drive at all. Also the light on the drive is constantly flashing green instead of staying solid green. Does anyone know why (already tried restarting it)?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It is helpful if you mention what program you used to backup the files onto the external hard drive.
    It asos helps if you mention what version of windows you are running and what, if anything, you did to restore the Vostro 3700 to working condition.

3. runfromabear

runfromabear Private First Class

The program my files are backed up on is the WD Software "My Book live" external hard drive. Currently running windows 7 and I had the hard drive replaced on the laptop because my other hard drive was about ready to die on me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds